Let me show you how I lost 17 pounds, 3.6% body fat, and over 8 inches in 30 days – my personal story
One question I get asked all the time these days is: How can I lose as much weight as you do in such a short amount of time? In this post I hope to answer that, tell you some secrets that I have discovered and show you that you can really have your cake and eat it.
I had been introduced to a new diet that my friend Danny Ball had been doing, after seeing how dramatic the results he was getting (losing more than 2 kilos in 2 months) I decided to try it and see if it worked for me, operation. Rapid fat loss began! After the first month I lost 3.9% body fat, 17 pounds, and a total of 8 inches.
I guess the quick fat loss operation was a success.
If there was one lesson I could share, it would be that many people who want to lose weight do it the hard way, they think you need to work hard, have incredible self-control, patience and self-discipline. I am proof that you don’t need that, the way I did it was not punishing, it was not difficult, only small changes were needed. Small changes that make a big difference.
I hope you enjoy my story and I hope it inspires you.
For the new slimmer.
Recently, in June 2011, one morning after a martial arts session, my friend Danny started talking to me about a principle called the minimum effective dose and explained how he was going to start a new diet to go from 203 pounds to 175 pounds. . Although Danny trained in the gym regularly and trained in martial arts, he had been overweight for several years and constantly complained of not being happy with his body. I still find it really cool how a small change in diet can lead to such a big difference in weight loss and fat loss. The pleasure of working smarter, not harder!
After 4 months on the diet, he lost more than 49 pounds, 12% body fat, and a total of 31 inches in total. (waist, hips, thighs, chest, biceps)
What surprised me the most about Danny wasn’t just the amount of weight he lost or the length of time he lost it. When I asked him how he did it, I thought it must have been a mix of eating a celery stick a day, 23 hours in the gym, taking fat loss pills, and maybe training under a waterfall in the mountains with the Shaolin monks. What surprised me the most was how he did it by following 4 easy rules. I count them as 4 even though he explained them as 5 because one of the rules is that you have to stuff your face with trash once a week on your cheat day. Don’t worry, on diet days you can also eat as much as you want. Once again … The joy of working smarter, not harder. Now I know that there is a lot of knowledge about popular dietary rules:
Eat more vegetables
Eat less fat
Get more exercise to burn calories, etc.
But these popular diets DO NOT give people the results they want in the amount of time they want. I’m not saying that popular diets don’t work, I’m saying that to be successful, to excel, don’t do what the masses do. We are going to approach this from a different angle. An angle that won’t make people say “looks like you’ve lost a little weight”, but rather “what $% ^ @ have you been doing !?” I’ve never heard of a diet that had such drastic results, so my mission was to find out what Danny knew that I didn’t. This is what I discovered …
The minimum effective dose
This is what everything we will discuss is based on and is described as the smallest dose that will give you the best results. For example: to boil water, the minimum effective dose is 100 degrees Celsius, boiling it more will not make the water boil more, it will only be a waste. In the context of weight loss, the minimum effective dose to consider is to remove stored fat by doing the least amount possible to trigger a fat loss cascade of specific hormones. Remember that the lowest effective dose gives you the most dramatic results in the shortest amount of time.
Following 5 simple rules is all it took to lose more than 17 pounds in 30 days even though I accumulated a total of 17 pounds with a cheat day once a week.
1. Do not eat white carbohydrates: This includes bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, French fries, cereals, etc. Anything white with carbs avoid like the plague. Don’t eat the foods just described unless you want to put on more weight.
2. Don’t drink calories – The only drink I have is water, my goal is 2 to 3 liters a day. Sometimes I take a can of Diet Coke as it only holds 330ml, anything over 450ml Diet Coke stimulates weight gain due to the aspartame level. Milk, fruit juice, beer, soda or carbonated drinks are not allowed. I don’t drink wine, but you are allowed up to 2 glasses of red wine per night, but no more unless it is a cheat day.
3. Don’t eat fruits – The quick reason why is because sugar and fructose = fat storage. The exceptions are tomatoes, eat as many tomatoes as you want. And avocados if eaten in moderation.
4. Include 3 Food Groups With Every Meal – There are 3 food groups that you should eat with every meal. Proteins, Vegetables and Vegetables. It is important to eat vegetables for the caloric load, as you will not get calories from carbohydrates.
5. Have a cheat day once a week
This is for 2 reasons:
1. To prevent your metabolic rate from decreasing due to prolonged caloric restriction.
2. Contribute to making the diet sustainable. Remember that you can have your cake and eat it. Just pick the right time.
That’s all the basics of how I lost 17 pounds in 30 days and still lose body fat every day.
For Your Fat Loss Success
PS: If I can achieve this in 30 days and keep it sustainable, then you can do the same. If not better!